Wednesday 2 May 2012

Cantanose Cuisine @ Hua Ting

Eating is always my favourite past time while eating good food is hubby's forte. Hence, I am always lucky to have him in searching for delectable delicacies. He is always my foodie buddy, we love each other's company as we enjoy eating so much.

Thank you, hubby, for feeding me all this while. I just pray that my weight won't soar up, when my body metabolism dips as I aged. :)


On a normal weekend, after I do some shopping and browsing in Orchard, hubby met up for dinner. Little did I know that today we were going to fine dine in Hua Ting. Hua Ting is an exquisite Cantanose restaurant, famous for its extraordinary dining experience which ones would not forget.

It is often awarded as one of the best restaurants under the Chinese Cuisine category by prestigious restaurant guides.

Hua Ting Restaurant is located in Orchard Hotel. This is the lobby area of the hotel.

Hua Ting Restaurant was also one of the top five Chinese restaurants in the Business Times/Citibank Gourmet Choice 2009.

And many more awards were given to Hua Ting. Below were only some which I snapped. Too lazy to move around the restaurant with my I-phone, as I came unprepared.


The menu....


While we glanced through the menu, a waitress introduced us to Masterchefs' set menu creation in conjuction with the double celebration of their winning World Gourmet Series Awards of Excellence 2012. We were told that this set menu will only be served for a short period of time for the celebration.

The individual set menu comprises of 5 dishes and a dessert. So we had 2 sets whereas children had ala carte dishes.

Tofu dish with shiitake mushroom.
Steamed cod fish, Teo Chew style.

Our first set dish, the appetizer: Deep fried yam with sea perch, coated with mayonaise, alongside with chilled lobster marinated in sake.



Our second dish, very impressive: Braised superior bird's nest with egg white and cream of spinach. Among all the dishes served from Masterchefs' creation, personally I love this the best. This was the first time I ever tasted savoury bird nest delicacy. Now I understand why Hua Ting is famous for extraordinary impressive delectable cuisine. And I tell you, it was fantastic.

Scoop a mouthful of collagen packed bird nest, together with some steamed egg white and fish roe....the taste, SUPERB! With fish roe bursting out its saltiness from within...YUM, YUM....

The blended spinach, with greenish looking concoction might not look very inviting to some, but honestly, it tasted very nice....

Next, braised Hokkaido scallop with winter melon.

Stewed boneless chicken drumstick with chinese wine in claypot.

Baked rice with seafood in whole capsicum topped with Portugese sauce....very creative, the sauce actually tasted hint of curry spices.

Lastly, the dessert: Double boiled watercress soup with honey date, served with pan fried soft pan cake with custard, and chilled glutinous rice ball stuffed with fresh fruit and whipped cream.

My daughter had some glutinous rice balls coated with crushed peanut, with black sesame filling.
To have unforgettable fine dining experience, in Hua Ting, head down to:

Orchard Hotel Singapore
442 Orchard Road
Singapore 238879
Tel: 6734 7766

No comments:

Post a Comment