Wednesday 23 May 2012

She's a STAR...who is dear to MY heart!


Every year, the second Sunday of May, every mothers will be showered with flowers, gifts, and big feast from their children. Though we always love our mother very much, but it's not always that we confessed our love and care to her. So, 13th May, was the day, when we can simply perform some little mushy gesture towards our beloved mum.

My sister booked a table at Chin Huat Live Seafood for the occassion. We could only choose between 2 slots, either 5.30 pm or 8.30 pm, as the table were mostly 'chopped' beforehand. We prefered earlier dining. In fact, the timing was a tad too early to allow us to order vast variety of dishes, as we were not hungry yet.

Mum once commented that it has been ages since she last received flowers...so, I initiated to get her some...to surprise her! Indeed, she felt happy and touched...


We had a plate of spinach with assorted eggs....it's always my favourite vege.

Golden sauce prawns....basically its deep fried prawns coated with golden creamy salted egg yolk, hence, the name. I love salted egg dishes....high laden with cholesterol, but definitely worth the order! My brother finished up the sauce, to compliment his bowl of white rice!

Next, a dish which we couldn't miss out for the kids....steamed garoupa, cantonese style.

What else we should not leave out whenever dine in a live seafood restaurant....none other than the signature chilli Sri Lankan crabs! It's a shame they didn't have female crabs on that night...

And of course, some deep fried buns to clean up entire chilli crab sauce as dipping...super sinful!

Dining here was quite reasonable with bill came up to slightly over than S$300. We have dined here several times, as it is conveniently located near our place where we stay.

At the same time, my kids also celebrated Mother's day with me...this is our family portrait.

My son made me some ondeh-ondeh from school...though the look was not very inviting, but it was definitely the best I ever had....the melted palm sugar inside the chewy dough coated with coconut flakes....it's just like the love shown by my kids which had melted my heart...

Mother's Day cards, specially made by my both kids, without my knowledge...thank you, sweeties...Mummy loves you too!
And to all the mothers, wish you all stay young, pretty, and in the pink of health, always....psst,psst...coz that was a wish for myself too....heehee


To dine in Chin Huat Live Seafood, the address is:
Block 105, #01-30 Clementi St 12, Singapore 120105
Tel: 67787198, 67759959, 67757348


No comments:

Post a Comment