Sunday 1 May 2011

Brunch at Saddle Club


I have been looking at recommendations and foodie blogs for a nice warming brunch on weekends for family. Riders Cafe ignites that little curiosity and interest in me. This place was actually hidden away in Bukit Timah Saddle Club, somewhere near Fairways Drive. You have to drive along a winding road before you reach the destination. Have the feel of driving in a countryside, surrounded with greenery and rows of trees. With GPS, we managed to navigate the way effortlessly.

The decor which explains the name 'Riders Cafe'

 The simple menu, yet the dishes all well-presented, prepared with passion and fresh ingredients 

 They claim their ingredients are obtained from reliable suppliers. As for tea is from local company Gryphon & coffee from Grinders in Melbourne. Choco banana milkshake and macchiato. Whoa..the macchiato was too strong for a fair coffee lover like me... 

My cuppa of strong fragrant coffee...very intense, very BITTER

Look at the size of the cuppa...small but over-powering with caffeine. Looks can always be deceiving eh...

Kiddos' spaghetti bolognaise....with generous serving of minced beef. I stole a bite...hmm hmm....not bad at all...love the sauce

Son's main order: Roast black cod with creamy spinach and cous cous. The fish was fresh and succulent, served with very fusion (guess is masala) flavoured cous cous...recommended. My son finished the cod...he loves the fish dish.

My very much talked about Eggs Benedict. It was actually sourdough topped with vinegar flavoured poached eggs, fried bacon, and creamy hollandaise sauce, with  teeny bit of rocket salad. Nice? Though this was my first bite, but I reckon I can prepare this even better. The vinegar aftertaste of the poached eggs is a bit disappointing, its a bit sourish, too much vinegar added, I guess.

Lamb Racks with mashed potato and fresh garden greens..love this better than egg ben...coz I am a meat lover...can't live without RED MEAT!

Another tempting salivating Eggs Benedict shot: very deceiving...my oh my, just look at how the yolk oozing, was enough to spark the love in you on this dish!


Tables full with patrons, one week advance booking is compulsory to dine in Riders Cafe!


Photographs of riders posing on horsies, and awards were framed up as decor on the wall

My own reflection...

The Riders Cafe....old building with mysterious charm, amidst lush greenery and tranquil surrounding


Horsies in the barn

See...we are too late to catch a pony ride. Its OK, we will make it the next round.

Set the birdies FREE!!! What a huge bird cage!

Nice country feel....

Act emo....love this!

Another one...Hahaa...reminded me of my previous Europe trip tour guide, she reprimanded our group coz we spent too much time snapping on trees and roadside wild grasses...Hahaaa. Just call us nature-lovers, OK..

 A loner monkey spotted, searching for leftover from a bin...

Its a nice place to stroll around after meal, you might be lucky enough to see horsies trotting pass, and monkeys fooling around...

Riders Cafe

51 Fairways Drive
Singapore 286965
Phone  (65)6466 9819

Please reserve a week in advance...to avoid disappointment


No comments:

Post a Comment