Tuesday 14 June 2011

Place where I love to be....for crab!


It was Thursday night, hubby and I had developed a sudden crave for crab. We headed down to Geylang for our favourite white pepper crab in NO SIGNBOARD. I might have been raving about crab dishes in NO SIGNBOARD all this while. There are some other restaurants which can whip up equally good crab dish, but only NO SIGNBOARD never fails to satisfy my crave for crab roe, read my lips..."stuffed compact of roe"....is my super LOVE! Who cares about high cholesterol....most importantly, I enjoy the roe as much as I enjoy the whole crabbie dish.



The menu, describe how the chain of NO SIGNBOARD started and how the name of the restaurant derived from. They started 80 years ago in a small eatery without a name for their small humble eatery. Through word of mouth, their white pepper crab had gained popularity, and people started to patron and flocked into their eatery which they named as NO SIGNBOARD.


Much popular signature dish, white pepper crab and chilli crab.

Raw oyster served with chopped scallion and chilli, with lemon wedge and tabasco sauce. Psst psst..the oyster was as big as my palm, even bigger.


Salted egg yolk mantis prawn...love everything with salted egg yolk, with chunks of salted egg being seen...they have salted egg crab too. Equally tasty....GOSH....sinful crab roe, in addition of sinful salted egg yolk dish....double the cholesterol boost!

Signature house made toufu with crab meat.

Stir fried kang kung with belacan and cuttlefish, with plenty of chopped peanut on top.

I love to dine in Geylang, albeit many staring and gawking from middle aged uncles. If you do not know, Geylang used to be a red light district, eerrrr, so girls must avoid this place if you are going alone. However Geylang is very popular with many good hunts for nice delicious cuisine. Their frog porridge, stir fry beef hor fun, soya bean milk with fried dough, and herbal turtle soup, just to name a few.


Finally my long awaited white pepper crab.

Do you see the stuffed roe in the shell. Thats why I am head over heel for their crabbie dish.


I will have all the roe all for myself...heheee

 
Lastly dessert: Ice shaved chendol

Waited for our car....and had I felt so blissed to have my crab with roe once in a while. Thats what I call an enjoyment of life....EAT is always my greatest pleasure!


NO SIGNBOARD address is as below:
 414B Geylang Road Singapore 389392
  



























No comments:

Post a Comment