Thursday 21 April 2011

FooChow Fried Noodle Soup

This noodle soup is one of my favourite FooChow dishes. It allows me to reminisce the past fond memories when I spent my childhood life in Sibu, which was also my hometown. My dad would always buy this fried noodle soup from our fav stall for supper without fail, and mum would bring us slurping a bowl, before heading down to wet market on the weekends.

Hence, I picked up the dish from my mum, learnt how to cook the dish on my own. This noodle requires stir-frying of yellow noodles on big fire, to bring out the flavour, follow by simmering in soup base on the later. Thus most kids will love this noodle soup as each and every strain of noodle absorb the goodness from the soup, making it easy to digest.

Ingredients needed are: sliced pork marinated with bit cornflour; sliced pork liver; fishballs; shelled and deveined prawns; some greens, garlic chopped; and of course yellow noodle 1/2 kg for 3 servings. I love my noodle with lots of garlic.

For me, I will get the most tender part of lean pork (shown in the pic) from the market. Its easier to chew and swallow for the kids. Even me, prefer the meat as its far more tender than other lean meat. 

First heat up a wok, add in 2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Fry 1/2 of the chopped garlic till fragrant, throw in yellow noodle, add 2 tablespoon of dark soya sauce and stir fry the noodle till very slightly burnt. This way the noodle will give better aroma to the whole dish after simmering in the soup base.

This is how the noodle will look after frying.

Wash the wok, heat up and add 2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Fry the remaining chopped garlic till fragrant. Pour in 3 bowls of water, let it boils. Throw in sliced pork, fishballs and vege. Add in the fried noodles, and prawns. Add seasoning which are salt, dash of white pepper and fish sauce to your personal liking. Put in the pig liver at the last. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Dish out and serve hot.

Yum yum, normally I would eat this FooChow fried noodle soup with some sliced chilli padi in light soya sauce....fantabulous!! Another great simple dish, prepare on the hectic day...


ENJOY.....

No comments:

Post a Comment