Sunday 24 April 2011

Rise n Shine on Easter

What will you do if a public holiday falls on long weekend? Some will think that driving in to our neighbour country, JB, must be insane...coz probably you will come bumper to bumper, amidst heavy traffic along causeway towards checkpoint for at least 2 hours! Though we usually try to avoid going to Malaysia during long weekend, but I have a mission to complete as Easter Day is not a public holiday in JB, and the government service line are mostly available.

Hence, my family woke up early, with wishful thinking that the traffic wont be that bad. But we were all wrong, we took almost 2 hours plus to reach JB! *_____*

While stucked amidst the traffic, there went the cam-whoring again...:P

We reserved 70 sticks of fish head otak-otak in advance, from a reknowned stall in JB. Their otak-otak is so popular that both locals and Singaporeans love to drop by for breakfast. We reached Storia Cafe quite late, luckily with the reservation we managed to lay our tastebuds on those yummy fish head otak-otak.

My favourite haunt in JB for halal breakfast

Otak-otak, best goes with nasi lemak wrapped in banana leaf

...and dry mee siam....I am such a glutton...or I were just plain HUNGRY!

Enjoyed my otak-otak which I have been craving...as I hardly travel to JB nowadays..ehemmm..due to poor safety

Pardon me for the mess, I were too hungry then...:)

Satisfied with the breakfast?

Of course, definitely for ME!

The end product...the otak-otak wrappers..

Not forgetting to take away some for my parents and bro too

Reached parents' home, we were welcomed with flowers blooming in the yard and little fishies swimming happily in small pond. Dad has green fingers and he is very good in making my plants survive once again after my plants wither.

The lily with fishies in a pond.....luv this the most. When night time falls, the lily will close up its petals, lovely..

We went for snacks during mid noon @ TEA GARDEN

Here were some of our order: The nasi lemak with fried chicken, the verdict: rice not warm enough, aroma of coconut milk not powering enough for my liking..failed!

Thick bee hoon laksa...gravy was superb with belacan after taste

Hor fun curry with shredded chicken...nice..the curry and spices...yum yum

Cheese baked rice with seafood

Dessert time: Pumpkin cake in yam paste...not too bad...a tad too sweet

Black glutinous rice with coconut milk....nice...the sweetness level was just right in proportion

After tea time, we headed to Tebrau City for a 3D movie. We watched RIO, an entertaining and hilarious movie both for kids and me.

Whats a movie in a cinema without a tub of caramel butter flavour popcorn and a large coke.

After movie, it was almost 8 at night. We stopped over for a dinner, then headed back to Singapore again. Thats how I spent my Easter day in JB. How you guys spent your holiday? Hope you enjoyed your long weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete