Sunday 3 April 2011

Ganbatte Japan

Having a great mission accomplished, a formal ceremony that had forever changed my life, and leading me into a brand new phase. But of course it does not mean that I will forget my own roots, from where I came from.



After the momentous ceremony was accomplished, I headed down to my usual shopping haven in Orchard with my kids, while hubby got important errands to run.

My haul of the day in Orchard. Only then I realized, most are in PINK! Yes! Coz its my BIRTHDAY around the corner. And which also means April is gonna packed with lots of birthday celebrations! My dad, hubby, daughter and ME! We are all April's babies...sweet...


After much walking and shopping, finally we sat down and relaxed our sore feet. My princess was waiting anxiously for her order

Another random shot

Dozens of cam-whore snapshots while waiting. Guess what were we expecting?


Yay....our wait was finally over. Waffle Wonder at Haagen Daaz. There are 4 scoops of ice-cream, vanilla, raspberry, peach, and choc, served with warm crispy wafer, sliced banana and srawberry. We devoured the whole thing in 5 minutes. :)

Hmmm, yummylicious...smells good and looks fabulous too

Look at the kids, they were enjoying themselves to the MAX...a blissful sight..


Never get too old to feel young at heart, always

I love Orchard especially on weekend, people, both local and foreigners throng the shopping street like there's no tomorrow. Road buskers doing their antics hoping for some reward, some promotions and events thing going on, it surely create a fun atmosphere.

Here were a few interesting scenes, I had stumbled upon while pacing through the busy street with kids.

A promotion where a new Eng Wah cinema will be opening soon in Suntec on 7th April, so the 1st 100 patrons who produce this type of snapshot with Spidey and Metroman? would get free cinema tickets. But its Thursday, so I will give this a skip. But they were cute right? My son loves the Spidey thou..

And the boxing ring......anyone can just step in and challenge the man in bald

Japan Earthquake Relief Fund, where donation of any amount was made and a shot taken with a man donning on full radioactive protected gear. Initially, I was mistakenly regarded as a Japanese. A simple greet of Konichiwa to strike out a conversation. Honestly, I have always been a fanatic of Japan culture, food, and vibrant kawaii fashion. I miss my sashimi and sushi so badly, wonder when I can have Japanese dining in peace again....sigh. Call me emotional, but I just feel sad, sorry and deeply emphatized with the Japanese. Japanese are not only known for their politeness, and humbleness, but they are so calm and resilient when they face a series of tremendous tragedies, one followed by another.

I always turn on news on Channel News Asia and flipping on updates in newspapers and webs without fail, praying and hoping each day, there would be a miracle of a turning point to a better outcome. My heart really wrenched badly, holding back my tears everytime seeing how the victims of the ferocious disaster wiping out a lovely city, taking away thousands of innocent lives.

Before I turned away and continue with my shopping spree, I dazzled into the robotic creature's eyes (thou I can only see my own reflection, coz the glass was dark), I shouted "Gambatte Japan", in an encouraging manner, clasping my right fist and leveling up my right arm straight into the air.

My daughter is currently embarking on her school Reaching Out programme, making donation and raising fund to help and support the Japan stricken community. 4000 paper cranes were folded, where condolences and hopes were written on the cranes. Ganbatte Japan, we all PRAY WITH YOU. Please be strong Japan, personally I always look up to the Japanese which they inherit a valuable strong will and spirit to bounce back on their feet in no time. These spirits should be constantly inculcated in our young generations nowadays, which they are lack in.

Folding origami paper crane is prominent in Japanese culture. It leaves a symbolic meaning which is believed to bring long life, prosperity and good health.

My only love for food...sashimi....sob sob

In pursue to save the EARTH from global warming, in line with recent EARTH HOUR global event organized by WWF, please protect our planet and do our part!

No comments:

Post a Comment